Outcome of Assessment


Once the assessment process has been completed, you and your carer, if you have one, should be informed of the result of the assessment and given the name of an individual to contact for any further discussion.

If you request a copy of the assessment, it should be provided within 40 days of the date of request.

You can find out more information on accessing medical or health and social care records on NI Direct.

What to do if you are not happy with the outcome of the assessment of need

If you disagree with the outcome of your assessment or are unhappy about how it was carried out, you can complain to the Trust following the social services complaints procedures. For example, if you are informed that you are not entitled to community care services, you can make a complaint.

It is advisable to seek advice before doing this.

What if your needs have changed

If you were assessed and it was established that you have no need for community care services at that time but your needs changed due to an illness or a disability, you should ask your local Trust for a new assessment.