Your carer’s assessment should be as simple and informal as possible. It will be carried out at a place that is convenient for you.
The assessment is usually completed by a social worker and its purpose is to make things easier for you so you can continue caring.
It is best if you are prepared for the assessment as you will be asked general questions such as:
- Are you getting enough sleep?
- Are you able to get out and do things by yourself?
- Do you feel your health is being affected by caring?
- Are you able to cope with other family commitments?
- Are you finding juggling work and caring difficult?
- What would you most like to change about your situation?
For extensive information on how to prepare for the Carer's Assessment, visit Carer's Northern Ireland's Online Guide