Social Housing


We will not be providing face-to-face advice or training for the foreseeable future. We will contact existing advice clients by phone. Our staff will continue to support our members and can be reached via telephone and email as usual.

We are working hard to move our training, where possible, to digital. For any queries, please contact our training team at [email protected]

We can only provide advice to people living in Northern Ireland. 

Helpline contact details:

Welfare Changes ring 0808 802 0020 or email [email protected]
Tax & Benefits ring 0800 988 2377 or email [email protected]
Business Debt ring 0800 083 8018 or email [email protected]
Debt Action ring 0800 028 1881 or email [email protected]
EU Settlement Scheme ring 0800 138 6545 or email [email protected]
For Historical Institutional Abuse advice and support call 02890 645919 email [email protected]


Social housing is property leased to you (the tenant) by a Social Landlord such as the Northern Ireland Housing Executive (NIHE) or a Housing Association registered with the Department of Social Development (Northern Ireland).

Social Landlords can provide different types of housing to you. They provide:

  • Standard housing stock
  • Sheltered and Warden-supervised dwellings known as “Folds”
  • Accommodation adapted to your specific and special needs

This section will you if you are a social housing tenant and you wish to report a repair or make home improvements.

Related Information

Contact details for the NIHE

List of Housing Associations from NI Direct